Chasing natures light at PBG

I had a morning to escape and visit the Penang Botanical Gardens (PBG), I heard that the common kingfisher that used to call PBG home during the winter months is back!

What I thought would be a rather routine bird watching/photography trip turned out to be a fun nature photography experience. Among the highlights I encountered was a confiding Orange-bellied Flowerpecker, a troop of monkeys feeding on palm fruit, an Indochinese Blue Flycatcher and a particularly curious little dusky leaf monkey.
An orange-bellied flowerpecker amongst the fruiting trees
Long-tailed macaque eating and wondering
It's showtime for this White-throated kingfisher
Pacific swallow
Indochinese Blue Flycatcher
A Dusky Langur/Silver-leaf monkey curious about the creature looking at it
So did I find the common kingfisher? Happily I did! It was back where I photographed it before last year. It was also nice seeing some fellow bird photographers there, including Dr Pyan whom I had known on Facebook for a while (at least a year!) but have never met! 
We took photographs of the kingfisher as well as some other birds (a migrant grey wagtail!) as well, overall it was a fun nature photography morning!
Grey Wagtail...just before the common kingfisher showed up
 Female common kingfisher
Female Common kingfisher
White-rumped munia among the grass hanging out with a dragonfly
Lesser short-nosed fruit bat hanging out under a verandah
So is this symbiotic? A water monitor and an intermediate egret
This striated heron stood still while I photographed it
A pacific swallow looking for insects to feed on
PS: I do my best to correctly ID the birds and animals, there will be occasions of mis-identification, please do let me know in the comments below or via FB Messenger. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts